REF involvement with and management of projects comes in two ways:
- Direct projects -- Army leadership approves funding for projects under control of the REF - Robotic Controller
- Franchise projects -- REF helps existing organizations obtain funding to respond to operational needs with commercial-based solutions available now - PM JLENS
Theater support teams understand the difference in the types of projects, the REF role in each, and are able to articulate REF's role to deployed forces. The REF researches and provides input on all equipment issues raised and provides a response based on the above-mentioned involvement.
Some of our Systems:
- Remote-Controlled, full sensor package capable tracked vehicle.
- System weight 42 pounds.
- System can be fitted with a variety of cameras, audio sensors, and with minor modifications, weapons and NBC sensors.
- Controlled by the M7 computer system.
- Requires one trained operator, limited contractor maintenance support, and a modest Prescribed Load List.
Enhanced Logistical Support Off-Road Vehicle:
- Militarized small arms armored rock climbing vehicle.
- Negotiates extreme and off-road terrain.
- Designed with HMMWV compatible parts.
- Complete man-portable video system to search wells.
- System includes small waterproof camera (similar to web cam) with white-light LEDs, monitor, power supply and cable.
- Camera is lowered into well, cavern, or other vertical in-ground shaft, providing an illuminated live video link to monitor well contents.
Route Clearance Camera:
- Remotely operated high magnification color video camera system.
- Color daylight video.
FLIR (Forward Looking Infrared):
- Video and frame archiving.
- A helmet mounted camera with audio and video imagery.
- Recorder module provides for download to a computer.
- LED lighting module housed in an easily accessible area.
- Mounting bracket is compatible with current military NV equipment.
Green Laser Warning System:
- Green Handheld Optical Surveillance & Targeting is a day/night system in a small binocular sized package that can be rail mounted.
- When fitted with 4X and 6X scopes, Green Laser Warning System provides optical detection.
- Protects hearing from large acoustic events, while allowing the user to communicate via radio and detect ambient noises.
- Instantaneous impulse sound protector.
- Ruggedized and lightweight.
- Hard case, multi-language, hand held translation device and pocket PC.
- Prerecorded phrases, menu selection, voice activation, field programmable.
Tactical Garbage to Energy Refinery:
Tactical Mini Unmanned Aerial Vehicle:
- Converts field waste (paper, plastic, cardboard and food slop- no glass or metal) into biofuel gas.
- Conserves diesel fuel.
- Skid mounted.
- The TACMAV is a hand-launched Mini UAV.
- Flexible wing.
- No assembly required.
- The Air Robot system is a quad-rotor, electric MAV.
- Includes camera and video.
- The system is back-pack portable and can be controlled by a single Soldier.